Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Change of blog focus

I've decided to go in a different direction with my blog intead of focusing on myI Parkinson's. Even though I've had Parkinson's for at least 7 years it wasn't until last year that my symptoms have become problematic enough to affect my life. In retrospect it's a short time to significantly reflect on its impact, whether negative or positive, in my life. I had already reported most of the changes I have had to make, but honestly that's the extent of it.
I truly believe that God has given me strength, patience, and grace to deal with my Parkinson's, directly and by what I have learned through the last five years.

So, all that being said, decided to focus my blog on my life experiences with bipolar, my struggles with alcohol, and my tug-o-war battle with anorexia. For as long as I can remember I have dealt with bipolar. Well before being diagnosed.
During the last five years I struggled with alcohol and anorexia. They were my ways of dealing with, coping, and/or avoiding circumstances I was being put through and almost cost me the life I had worked to put back together that I had already lost.

I have a story to tell. A story with chapters. I wrote the first half. Christ is now writing the second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Where my inspiration comes from

A Recycled-Dad with Bipolar & Parkinson's, reflections on fathering and family life and other stuff thrown in there...you'll love my Soap Box Rants

Blog with Integrity

BlogWithIntegrity.com\\ Auhor Lupe Picazo

Why I call myself a Recycled Dad

I call myself a Recycled Dad because of the struggles with remarriage and being a step-parent and weekend dad. This is also about my life living with bipolar and how it affects me personally, my family and my job. It also reflects on the grace God has poured out on me throughout recovery from alcohol and an eating disorder. Recycled Dad is about my reflections on the wisdom God teaches daily on fatherhood and being a better husband in spite of being bipolar.

Please feel free to leave comments. I welcome them