Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

How My Nonsense Makes Sense

                      
I like nonsense,it wakes up the brain cells. It breaks up the mundane and seriousness of life.
So many roles too fulfill. No games to play. Grad school, work, husband, and father...step-kids live here and my kids are with their mother miles away except for visitations. Weekly schedules of work and homework. Daily routines of helping with 5th grade homework. Communicating back and forth with my ex-wife to care for our kids. Both sets can be a worthwhile handful. Sometimes it feels as if I have two families. Then there is my own health...the symptoms, the pills. But for whatever reason I can be childlike, whether by design or natural. If things start happening, I don't worry, I don't stew, I just go right along and I'll start happening too. Oh, I'm not complaining either. I'm blessed. I know where I've been brought out of.
After my kids reached an age where they began to play using their imaginations I began to realize that fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope to see those things that we've allowed to be obstructed by our serious and responsible daily lives. Fantasy can be harmless child's play. We miss the best things if we keep our eyes shut.

I have a tendency to keep my eyes shut now a days. Many times I have to take a step back. Not
check out. Just let go of the seriousness and regain sight of fun. Fun itself, not the activities. If I focus on the activities then I'm defeating the purpose. Grab a hold of things that are nonsense. I think and as a wonder, wonder and think. Sometimes I have no choice but to look from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere. And if you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good. What once was important now isn't, what is important now isn't.



Tonight I'm taking my daughter to see the movie Tangled. Or maybe she's taking me? She actually brought it up and "told" me I was taking her since last Tuesday. I haven't yet because she's been gone since Wednesday. In any case she does't know we are going tonight so she will be excited and I'm looking forward to it. She know's I like cartoons and cartoon movies. It's that childlikeness in me. Or immaturity I don't know!
For you, O Lord, have made me happy by Your work. I will sing for joy because of what you have done. Ps 92:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Where my inspiration comes from

A Recycled-Dad with Bipolar & Parkinson's, reflections on fathering and family life and other stuff thrown in there...you'll love my Soap Box Rants

Blog with Integrity

BlogWithIntegrity.com\\ Auhor Lupe Picazo

Why I call myself a Recycled Dad

I call myself a Recycled Dad because of the struggles with remarriage and being a step-parent and weekend dad. This is also about my life living with bipolar and how it affects me personally, my family and my job. It also reflects on the grace God has poured out on me throughout recovery from alcohol and an eating disorder. Recycled Dad is about my reflections on the wisdom God teaches daily on fatherhood and being a better husband in spite of being bipolar.

Please feel free to leave comments. I welcome them